Huge Antique offering in an Online /Simulcast Auction Event! DAY 2 of 2
This will be an auction event not to be missed! It will be a TWO DAY antique auction extravaganza!
Tuesday June 19 beginning at 9:00 am - Day 1
Thursday June 21 beginning at 9:00 am - Day 2
The auction will be conducted LIVE from the JP Headquarters, 48 Progressive Parkway, Angier, NC 27501 and SIMULCAST via Proxibid online bidding. No items will be at the auction location in Angier. All items will remain in the home in Spring Hope until pick up post auction.
The 1910 Neoclassic Revival House containing these lovely antiques will be offered at auction Thursday June 14 at 11:00 am located at 211 E. Nash Street, Spring Hope, NC 27882
The JP Team has been chosen to sell the Godwin home in Spring Hope and due to the massive collection of antiques and limited space available, this huge event will be held a the JP Headquarters in an online/Live Simulcast auction event. There will be hundreds of lots including glassware, furniture, accessories and lots more. The Godwin's have been collecting antiques for 50+ years and they are downsizing and selling their entire collection at public auction! If you like the unique, unusual and hard to find- this event is for you. There items like a real antique Murphy bed, an old English Pub game, a Baby Grand Piano, rugs, multiple coat racks, hall trees, sofas and lots more! See Proxibid for multiple pictures of all 655 lots!
See these treasures for yourself! Open house dates: Wednesday, June 6 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, and Thursday, June 14 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. On the 19th and 21st there will be a staff member at the pick-up site beginning at 10 am, but the LIVE auction is at the JP Headquarters in Angier.
A note from Mrs. Godwin (the current owner of these cherished items and a lover of the past):
“This auction will include a lot of items we have given a home to in the past twenty-two years. The descriptions are in no way meant to deceive anyone. Nothing is perfect; not that it is damaged either considering the age. To my eyes the flaws are minor, and sometimes a close up photo makes them look worse than they appear to the naked eye. I don’t want any buyer to be disappointed because I may not be as critical about a flaw as the next collector. Novice antique collectors should be aware that any antique will have some type(s) of slight or minor imperfection or marks of character. These are time acquired features and such marks of use and character only add to the authenticity, charm and desirability of the piece. I hope you love and enjoy your newly acquired items as much as I have over the years!
Sincerely, Gladys Godwin”
REALTORS & AUCTIONEERS, INC.
48 Progressive Parkway, PO Box 310
Angier, North Carolina 27501
Welcome to the Godwin Home! We are pleased that you are interested in this wonderful Historical Home and hundreds of pieces of fine Antiques.
The following are some important dates that you may want to include on your calendar.
Thursday, June 14th at 11:00 am at 211 East Nash St., Spring Hope, NC
We will offer the Home at public Auction on site.
Tuesday, June 19th, 9:00 am at Johnson Properties Headquarters,
48 Progressive Parkway, Angier, NC
We will be offering lots 1-351 in a live / online simulcast auction event.
(You can bid onsite at the JP Facility OR you can listen and bid online via Proxibid)
Thursday, June 21st, 9:00 am at Johnson Properties Headquarters,
48 Progressive Parkway, Angier, NC
We will be offering lots 352-655 on day two of the live / online simulcast auction event. (You can bid live at the JP Facility OR you can listen in and bid online via Proxibid)
You can download versions of the catalogues with or without pictures for your convenience at www.johnsonproperties.com and click on the auctions button and then scroll to the appropriate day to view hundreds of photographs and extensive descriptions. Please understand that Team JP has endeavored to provide accurate descriptions and information, but we strongly encourage that you come to the posted previews and carefully inspect any items that interest you. This is a once in a lifetime collection of fine items and we hope you enjoy the auctions! Feel free to ask any of our staff or contact our office or go to our website for additional information and open house dates/times. We appreciate your interest and good luck at the auctions!
James W. Johnson III, GRI, CAI, CES, AARE
Auction Day at Johnson Properties:
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A 13% “buyer’s premium” will be added to the successful bidder’s high bid and will be included in the total purchase price. A 3% discount will apply to all purchases made with cash or approved check.
- All property must be paid for in full on sale day. Acceptable methods of payment include: cash, Visa, MasterCard and approved checks.
- NO WARRANTIES: The information contained on the sale list and all related auction materials are subject to the terms and conditions of the CONTRACT OF SALE. Buyer’s complete inspection of property is encouraged. All property sells “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS”, if any. All announcements made by the Auctioneer at the auction will take precedence over previous printed material or any other oral statements made.
- AUCTIONEER’S DISCLAIMER: All information including approximate year, trademark, manufacturer, size, weight, count, designer or other descriptions contained herein is provided without representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the same. The auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness of, or defect of any lot and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance will be made or sale set aside on account of any incorrectness, error in cataloging, or any imperfection not noted. No deduction will be allowed on damaged articles. It is the responsibility of the bidder to examine the item(s) during the preview and to adjust their bids accordingly. Buyers shall rely on their own judgment and inspection and only bid based on their own inspections. Property to be sold “AS IS, WHERE IS”, with all faults if any.
- LOAD OUT: Removal is at the expense, liability and risk of the purchaser. All items must be paid for in full prior to removal. All items are the responsibility of the purchaser when pronounced sold and must be removed during scheduled pick-up days for the auction unless other arrangements are made PRIOR to the auction day. Items not removed following the auction by Thursday June 28th shall be subject to forfeiture. Neither the seller nor Johnson Properties are responsible for damage or theft.
- Auction Schedule & Load Out Days and Times:
- Auction Day 1: Tuesday June 19 from 9:00 am until approximately 4:00 pm
- Load Out : Wednesday June 20 from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm
- Auction Day 2: Thursday June 21 from 9:00 am until approximately 4:00 pm
- Load Out: Thursday June 21 from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
- Load Out: Friday June 22 from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
- Load Out: Saturday June 23 from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
- Buyers are responsible for their own packing material.
- Johnson Properties Auction staff will NOT be available to assist with load out, but will be monitoring load out. Please remember that no items will be released without possession of a PAID IN FULL RECEIPT.
- Auction Schedule & Load Out Days and Times:
- All persons attending this auction or otherwise on the premises before, during and/or after the auction, do so at their own risk. Neither the sellers, Property Owners nor Johnson Properties Realtors & Auctioneers, Inc. is responsible for accidents.
- ATTENTION AUCTION BUYERS: We strongly suggest that you attend open houses prior to the Auction in order to personally inspect the items. Buyers should rely entirely on their own inspection and investigation PRIOR to bidding. There will be NO ITEMS at Johnson Properties on live auction days. There will be a multi-media presentation with photos and descriptions during the LIVE auctions.
For ONLINE BIDDING please see Proxibid for comprehensive terms. The “buyer’s premium” is 18% and the buyer is responsible for removal of their winning bid items and any SHIPPING, SHIPPING MATERIAL & HANDLING charges associated with that removal.