The Living Estate of Lynda Drye
Online bidding started Tuesday February 12, 2019 and will end Monday February 25, 2019 with the first lot closing at noon (12:00 PM) and the last lot closing at 3:00 PM. BID TODAY!!
This is a major collection of country music, NASCAR, Harley Davidson, Franciscan Desert Rose China and other highly desirable items.
The JP Team has been hired to help sell the living estate of Lynda Drye, which includes memorabilia accumulated by the famous Homer A. Briarhopper and tons of items collected by his son, the late Tim Drye - a Raleigh policeman.
During his tenure as a master entertainer in Raleigh and across the region, Homer Briarhopper Drye ruled radio, TV, and live entertainment at his music club. From his childhood days on the Briarhopper radio show to his legendary status as a singer, picker, emcee, recording artist, DJ, and friend to all of the Grand Ole Opry members and Elvis Presley, Homer was "the Man" in North Carolina's capital city. His son, Tim, collected neon signs, pinball machines, juke boxes and rustic items to decorate his cabin home on the banks of the Neuse River near Flowers Plantation. Tim was also an avid NASCAR fan and accumulated lots of race items including posters, models, photos, race advertising pieces and rare racing and Harley Davidson art. Now the vast accumulation of this country music and regional entertainment memorabilia plus the big collection of neon signs, pinball machines, juke boxes, and NASCAR collectables will be offered at auction.
All of this, plus cabin furniture, party room items, collectible china including a large collection of Franciscan Desert Rose (with lots of serving and unusual pieces) tools, mowers, blowers, art, and the country music clothing Homer made famous will be offered in this auction. And we are adding a few fine antiques, decorator items, games, writing instruments and estate jewelry from a small estate in Raleigh (name withheld at the family's request). Watch this site--new items still being added!
This is an auction like no other! Here is your chance to find great collectables, one-of-a-kind items, and pieces of entertainment, NASCAR and advertising history.
[Be sure to see these items: Briarhopper and Country Music collectables--Lots 104 to 124, 129, 131, 205, 240 to 244; Advertising signs, neons, pinball machine, juke boxes, records, etc begin at Lot 300; Franciscan China -- Lots 76-89; plus hundreds of other great items.]
Pick-up Dates & Times:
Thursday, February 28th from 9:00AM - 1:00PM
Friday, March 1st from 2:00PM - 5:00PM
Saturday, March 2nd from 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Pick Up Address: 299 Castleberry Road, Clayton, NC 27527
1. BUYER’S PREMIUM: An 18% “buyer’s premium” will be added to the successful bidder’s high bid and will be included in the total purchase price. A 3% discount will apply to all purchases made with cash, approved check, cashier's check or wire transfer (fees apply).
2. PAYMENT: By DEFAULT, your credit card on file with Proxibid will be charged for all winning bids plus the 18% buyer’s premium on Tuesday February 26th at 10:00 AM. Paid in full receipts for credit card purchasers will be e-mailed within 24 hours of your credit card being charged and you must bring this receipt when you pick-up. Buyers wishing to pay by cash, approved check, money order or wire transfer and receive the 3% discount (15% BP) must notify Stephanie at (919) 639-2231 ext. 230 or e-mail her at email@example.com before Tuesday February 26th by 10:00 AM to prevent your credit card from being charged. These customer's will need to bring cash, approved check, or the money order with them when they pick-up, and will receive a paid in full receipt at that time.
3. NO WARRANTIES: The information contained on the sale list and all related auction materials are subject to the terms and conditions of the CONTRACT OF SALE. Buyer’s complete inspection of property is encouraged. All property sells “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS”, if any. All announcements made by the Auctioneer at the auction will take precedence over previous printed material or any other oral statements made.
4. AUCTIONEER’S DISCLAIMER: All information including year models, horsepower, size, weight, capacity, count, square footage, designer, manufacturer or other descriptions contained herein is provided without representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the same. Buyers shall rely on their own judgment and inspection. Property to be sold “AS IS, WHERE IS”, with all faults if any.
5. LOAD OUT TIMES: PICK-UP WILL BE ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28 (9:00AM - 1:00PM); FRIDAY, MARCH 1 (2:00PM - 5:00PM); AND SATURDAY, MARCH 2 (10:00AM - 2:00PM) ONLY! Items not removed following the auction shall be subject to forfeiture. Neither the seller nor Johnson Properties are responsible for damage or theft.
6. ACCIDENTS: All persons attending this auction or otherwise on the premises before, during and/or after the auction, do so at their own risk. Neither the sellers, property owners nor Johnson Properties Realtors & Auctioneers, Inc. is responsible for accidents.
ONLINE BIDDING ONLY - please see Proxibid for comprehensive terms.