Harnett County NCDOT Residue Properties
THIS AUCTION ENDED 06/25/2020.
10 Day upset bid period ENDS 07/07/2020 at 12 Noon EST.
This is an announcement of a major investment opportunity for savvy real estate entrepreneurs! The NC Department of Transportation has contracted with the Johnson Properties Team to sell a number of properties now classified as "residue properties & tracts", which are no longer needed by NCDOT. There will be a series of online events throughout NC with multiple offerings in different counties.
Below you will find a table of the properties for Johnston County and the preliminary information you need to do further research; GIS aerial report, tax report, and deed information and survey (if available).. If there are two PINs associated with a JPID that means both parcels will be sold together as one tract.
All properties were offered to the adjoining property owners prior to the public auction. If an adjoiner made an acceptable offer, the property was not available at public auction.
The 10-day upset bid period is a ONE time 10-day period! DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST DAY TO CALL IN IF YOU WANT TO RAISE! We will call or email the high bidder if someone upsets the bid, but it is ultimately the bidders responsibility to periodically check on the status of their bid.
We also conduct a soft close on the last day, meaning if several people have contacted us PRIOR to Noon on Tuesday, July 7th, we will keep bidding open until those bidders opt out. Bidders must be available by phone or email!
There is a minimum 5% raise on the current high bid. If you are interested in raising call (919) 639-2231or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, want to check on the status of a bid or raise a bid.
|County||JPID||PIN||St. Address/ Legal Description||City||Acres||Zoning||Deed Book & Page||Adjoiner Offers Pending||Date the 10 Day Upset Bid Period Ends (Adjoiners Only)|
|Harnett||266||0549-28-5021.000||MCDOUGALD RD||Lillington||14.38||RA-30||896/0561||Offer Pending||7/7/2020|
|Harnett||267||9568-80-2996.000||NC 87 N||Sanford||0.8||RA-20R||1215/0567||Offer Pending||7/7/2020|
|Harnett||269||9587-87-0007.000||NC 27 W||Sanford||0.29||RA-20R||2966/0759||Offer Pending||NA|
When registering to bid, please ensure your phone number and email address are accurate; we will be contacting you via email when the auction closes to verify the name you want on the deed(s).
For more information, please visit the Harnett County GIS website or call Johnson Properties at (919) 639-2231.
1. There is an 11% Buyers Premium added to the high bid price to derive at the contract purchase price for this auction. An Earnest Money Deposit equal to 11% of the bid price is required by 12:00 Noon 72 hours after the auction, wire transfers will require an additional $25 fee to be added to the Earnest Money Deposit. The balance will be due at closing along with a $31 recording fee per deed, so if you purchase a JPID with 2 PINs associated with it, then you will owe $31 for electronic recording of the deed.
2. The sale of the subject property has a single 10 day upset bid period and is subject to approval by the Board of Transportation and, when necessary, by the Council of State, and these approvals may delay by several months the sale and delivery of the Quitclaim Deed conveying the property.
3. The property will be transferred via Quitclaim Deed and the Buyer is responsible for all recording fees ($31+/- as shown above) associated with the recording of the executed Quitclaim Deed; the Closing will be handled at the respective County Register of Deeds office.
4. All final payment of funds will be made out to NCDOT via a certified or cashier's check, payable at the time of closing and recording of the Quitclaim Deed at the respective County Register of Deeds office.
5. Buyer has physically previewed the property and is aware of any access or potential control of access.
6. Johnson Properties Realtors & Auctioneers, Inc. makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, concerning the property. Descriptions of the property are believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to conduct any inspection prior to the auction. Johnson Properties Realtors & Auctioneers, Inc. has attempted to find or locate all information deemed material facts. Ultimately, it is the Buyer’s responsibility to inspect all aspects of the property before placing a bid. No sale shall be invalidated by the Buyer as a result of he/she not conducting their own inspection prior to bidding. It is automatically acknowledged by placing a bid that you have personally inspected the property, hired an agent to inspect the property or waived your right to inspect the property.
8. All properties are offered “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no warranties either written or implied. Potential buyers are encouraged to research all property attributes (i.e. zoning, lot size, street, water and sewer availability, buildable or non-buildable, easements, encroachments, any governmental or private restrictions, restrictive covenants, etc.) to ensure that the property meets their intended use prior to bidding. The current appropriate county GIS information and aerial representations are provided as a courtesy, but are NOT GUARANTEED.
9. Neither the NCDOT nor Johnson Properties Realtors & Auctioneers, Inc. makes any representation of the condition or suitability of any property for any purpose. All properties are being sold “as is” in their present condition with all faults if any.
For ONLINE BIDDING, please see the JP link for comprehensive terms.